Global Director Automation Lead
As a Global Director Automation Lead you are responsible for the development and implementation of the end to end Global Automation strategy for Manufacturing (including but not limited to warehouse automation, material transfers, bulk manufacturing, filling & packaging). To ensure efficiency and a best in class progress, you implement a standardization of the automation platform (MES/PCS) and technology across all manufacturing sites. You own the engineering and security standards needed
for automation technologies and processes and report directly to the Global Director Engineering.
Your responsibilities furthermore include:
- Application of a state of the art technology focusing on efficient delivery of capital projects by using standardized automation solutions which assure the required facility capacity, quality and operational efficiency and which support corporate objectives (including process automation, data collection, data storage, electronic manufacturing reports and electronic batch records)
- Close collaboration with internal stakeholders, such as local automation leadership of each site, Business Technology leadership, Operations leadership, Chief Information Security Officer, the Program Director, Security and Senior Security Architects for Manufacturing to ensure that the automation standards and applications do fully comply with security standards
- Identification and assessment of best automation technologies available on the market that provide significant benefits to the company, alignment with operational and strategic requirements
- Management and driving the decision of Automation Leads and other stakeholders in order to align the standards, practices and coordinates the activities relating to the Automation systems (DCS, PLCs, MES, Robotics etc.)
- Providing strategic level expertise on various Automation Platforms and ensuring that Engineering functions at Corporate and Country levels are kept informed about the latest developments in the field of Automation
- Leads and directs a multi-lingual (English, German) cross-site team of automation subject matter experts to ensure alignment of the automation strategy across capital projects and locations
- Ensuring lessons learned and best practices from project execution and operations & automation technology are shared with and implemented across the engineering network
- Implementation of Group Policies – ISO 27001/27002 and Manufacturing Security Standards – IEC 62443 (applicable for e.g. Active Directory Implementation, Automation System Isolation)
- Set security standards and controls consistently with global security policies, standards and procedures in the support of plant resiliency, privacy, intellectual property protection, as well as, national, regional and local legal and regulatory requirements
- Drives the selection of key vendors for automation solutions together with key process stakeholders and keep a strong oversight of vendor and procurement management.
You are passionate about best-of-class automation technology and continuously keep yourself abreast? As a self-starter, you appreciate growth and development in your environment, you are a leader, who manages his stakeholders always on an eye-to-eye-level and inspire others through your competencies as well as your clear direction?
Furthermore, you possess the following competencies:
- University degree in Engineering or equivalent; ideally lean six sigma education
- Successful track record of projects / implementation of automation systems and standardization in the pharmaceutical industry
- Acute and bright thinker and doer with a very high capacity of execution in a dynamic global environment
- Energetic and proactive person with strong communication and negotiation skills and the ability to cope with time pressure in demanding situations
- Highly motivated self-starter with good problem-solving and social skills, service orientation and dedication
- Excellent written and spoken language skills in English; German skills would be a plus
GXP CONSULTING Switzerland is specialized in Life Sciences and provides high quality support and expertise to its customers through a full range of services all along the product lifecycle. Thanks to our extensive experiences, we offer pragmatic solutions in areas such as Quality Assurance, Regulatory Affairs, Operational Excellence, Engineering, Process Engineering, Manufacturing and Maintenance, Project Management, Human Factors/Usability and trainings... If you have exceptional technical skills, a great personality and you are passionate about serving others, then GXP CONSULTING Switzerland is the right place for you.
Qualified candidates must be legally eligible to work for any employer in Switzerland.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters/third parties.
Please submit your application to: email@example.com