Senior Hardware Engineer
As experienced Hardware Engineer with our R&D team,
- You will be responsible for implementing design, development, verification and validation of company’s hardware electronics for our next-gen surgical robotics platforms.
- You will operate within a project team and work with hardware and software engineers and ensures hardware/software/mechanical integration and functionality.
- You will lead product verification and validation activities in close partnership with contractors and testing laboratories across Europe including EMC/ESD, Electrical Safety and environmental Testing .
We are looking for a Senior Hardware Engineer with industrial electronics experience in the following areas:
- A solid track record of delivering CE-marked (and/or FDA approved) products to the market including certification for product safety standards for medical devices IEC 60601-1 and for product EMC standards for medical devices IEC 60601-1-2, including EMC testing/ESD.
- Extensive experience with motion control components, microcontrollers & application controllers, FPGA, power electronics, power supplies, haptics, RF components (for RFID/NFC), communication (CAN, SPI), analogue and mixed-signal circuitry.
- Extensive experience of Design for Manufacturing (DfM), Design for Assembly (DfA) and Design for Test (DfT) in an industrial environment through Design Transfer to Contract Manufacturers.
- Experience designing and qualifying antennas and matching networks for RFID is a plus.
- Demonstrable experience in working with other engineering disciplines and other sections of a company including QA, Regulatory Affairs and Manufacturing.
- Ability to document his own work and to share know-how to partners.
- Expert in using Altium Designer software.
- Experience with schematics-level and board-level simulation
- Experience dealing with signal integrity and power integrity issues, first time right.
- Ability to use and/or to interface with Solidworks CAD software or similar.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in electrical and/or electronics engineering.
- Strong background in mixed-signal electronics and electromagnetics (nice-to-have).
- Minimum 7 years of relevant experience.
- Five years minimum cumulative experience in designing electronics for medical devices.
- Hands-on, solution-oriented, technical & maker spirit.
- Fluent written and spoken English and reasonable spoken French.
- Strong verbal and written communication and documentation skills.
- Open to travel – 10%, across Europe.
- Work Permit B/C or Swiss National.
Thanks to our extensive experiences, we offer pragmatic solutions in areas such as Quality Assurance, Regulatory Affairs, Operational Excellence, Engineering, Process Engineering, Manufacturing and Maintenance, Project Management, Human Factors/Usability and trainings...
If you have exceptional technical skills, a great personality and you are passionate about serving others, then GXP CONSULTING Switzerland is the right place for you.
Qualified candidates must be legally eligible to work for any employer in Switzerland.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters/third parties.
Please submit your application to: email@example.com